Antonio concentrates his practice in public and private international law, international arbitration, national arbitration, oil & gas and financial law. He is an arbitrator listed in the A List of national arbitrators, and arbitrator of the international list of the Arbitration and Conciliation Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogota, where he has assumed cases of oil, infrastructure, commercial and financial law.
- Antonio focuses his practice in public and private international law, international arbitration, national arbitration, Oil & Gas and financial law.
- He has worked in financial and stock market law since he was General Secretary and Legal Director of Banco Colpatria and lawyer of the National Securities Commision that controlled the securities market in Colombia.
- Antonio served for 19 years as General director and Legal Representative of Perenco Colombia Ltd (formerly, Elf Aquitaine), a company dedicated to the exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons. He is currently a Member of the Council of State and formerly of the Constitutional Court of Colombia.
- Additionally, he was president of the Arbitration Court of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogota.
- He has participated in multiple complex proceedings including, inter italia, participation in the merger process of two companies in the oil sector; participation in the negotiation of extensions of association contracts involving an oil company from the oil sector and a state entity; participation in complex negotiations between Banco Colpatria and national entities of the financial sector.
- He has also served as arbitrator in various proceedings, including, a proceeding concerning a dispute of an association contract between Telecom and a multinational company in the telecommunications sector; and a dispute concerning a public service concession contract between Transmilenio and a transportation company.
- Lawyer, Universidad del Rosario, Bogotá, Colombia
- Masters Degree in Public and Private International Law at the University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne.
- Course on International Law at the University Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
Academic and Publications
- Antonio has been professor of International law for more than 30 years at Universidad del Rosario and Dean of the Faculty between 2011 and 2015.
- Professor of International Private Law and International Constracts at Universidad de los Andes and Universidad El Externado.
- Author of the book “The International Contract”.
- Co – Author of the book “General Theory of Private International Law”.
- Co – Author of the book “Contemporary Studies of Private International Law".
- Author of multiple articles on international arbitration, international law and hydrocarbons in different books including, “International Commercial Arbitration”, On the 50 years of the New York Convention, The Colombian Arbitration Statute, The Arbitration Contract, The Contracts in the Private Law and in various specialized magazines.
Lecturer on various conferences including:
- “Arbitration regulations at the Chamber of Commerce of Bogota”
- “Great debates: Precautionary Measures, Chamber of Commerce of Medellin”
- “International Congress of Commercial Law, clauses of intangibility and stability in international trade”
- “40 years of the 1975 Panama Convention on International Commercial Arbitration, Comparison of the New York and Panama Conventions”.
- List A Arbitrator Chamber of Commerce of Bogota.
- Former president of the Court of Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogota.
- Former Member of the Constitutional Court.
- Former Member of the Council of State.
- Miembro Honorario y expresidente Colegio de Abogados Rosaristas.
- Honorary Member and Former President of Colegio de Abogados Rosaristas.