Lawyer with practice in litigation before national courts, international and domestic commercial arbitrations and investor - State arbitration. She worked in the Delegation for Commercial Proceedings of the Superintendence of Corporations in which she actively participated in the resolution of corporate and intra - corporate conflicts in large companies. She has worked in international arbitrations under the ICSID, LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL rules. She has acted as secretary of the arbitral tribunal under LCIA rules.
Elena Peláez Ortiz
- Participation in international commercial arbitrations and investor-state arbitrations under ICSID, LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL rules.
- Acted as Arbitral Secretary in a commercial arbitration under the LCIA rules.
- Judicial Law Clerk at the Specialized Business Court of the Superintendence of Corporations, Colombia’s main forum for corporate dispute resolution.
- Participation in national arbitration proceedings administered by the Arbitration Center of the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá.
- Advised the branch of a multinational corporation in the automobile sector in a domestic arbitration in relation to claims of commercial agency, distribution and the termination of a longstanding commercial relationship.
- Advised the National Hydrocarbons Agency in the liquidation of hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation contracts.
- Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2018, postgraduate studies in Commercial Law
- Universidad de los Andes, 2016, Derecho
Academic and Publications
- Perspectives in Practice of the UNIDROIT Principles 2016, Country Report-Colombia. Eduardo Zuleta & Elena Peláez.
- ICCA Handbook Colombia: Report 2020. Eduardo Zuleta & Elena Peláez.