Isabella focuses her practice in national and international arbitration, public international law and human rights. She is a lawyer from Universidad de los Andes and has completed 2 post graduate studies in national and international arbitration. Before joining Zuleta Abogados, Isabella completed a research fellowship at the Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment (CCSI) and worked as a lawyer at the National Agency for Legal Defense of the State in the investment department (Colombia).
- Advised an international organization in the process of modifying its internal law by implementing a unified governance structure from another international organization.
- Negotiated and directed a settlement process representing an automotive company from Dominican Republic
- Assisted various international investment arbitration cases between foreign investors and States of Europe, Latin America and the Middle East under ICSID and UNCITRAL Arbitration Regulations.
- Co-authored the monthly entries of Zuleta Abogados in Industrial Legal magazine analyzing current issues of the international arbitration and international law fields.
- Co-authored the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (ITA) Report update on Colombian arbitration cases.
- Published a guide to the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Colombia.
- Conducted legal research and editing of several academic articles including, “New York Convention and the enforcement of arbitral awards” and “Definition and types of arbitral awards”.
- Reporter to the Latin American Arbitration Association (ALARB) regarding the latest developments in case law regarding the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Colombia.
- Co – organized a series of consultation sessions for the developing country delegates of the UNCITRAL Working Group III. The sessions were designed to provide a forum where delegates could discuss issues that would be examined at the Working Group Sessions on the ISDS Reform.
- Co – authored the report “Policy Space and the realization of Human Rights Obligations” based on the UNCITRAL consultation sessions.
- Law Degree, Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia
- Postgraduate Diploma on National and International Arbitration. Bogota Chamber of Commerce.
- Postgraduate Diploma on International Arbitration. Tirant Lo Blanch.
- International University College of Turin. Semester abroad. LLM courses in Comparative Law, Economics and Finance.
- Course on International Business. EU Business School.
Academic and Publications
- Regional Clinic Researcher. High-Level Panel of Legal Experts on Media Freedom (UK and Canada)
- Former participant - ELSA Moot Court Competition
- Teacher Assistant. Course: International Economic Law at Universidad de los Andes
- Teacher Assistant Course: International Public Law (LLM program) at Universidad de los Andes.
- Young ICCA Regional Representative.
- Young ICCA